Lead Electronic Data Interchange Specialist
Atlanta, GA | Billing
The key role of the EDI Team Lead is to provide information and support to EDI Specialist in relation to training, claim issues and other identified support. This individual will assist with clearinghouse, provider, ERA and EFT set ups as well as work to support accurate, proper data exchanges to ensure timely responses from payers.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- 2+ years of related experience and/or training required
- 1+ year of progressive Healthcare management experience required
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of billing and payer claims requirements (commercial and government).
- Understanding of the revenue cycle workflow.
- Knowledge of governmental and commercial insurance billing requirements.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities, and a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and be self-motivated.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Solid Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills
Customer service skills:
- Ability to represent the Department in a professional manner when interacting with patients, guests, physicians and their staff
- Ability to handle service issues professionally
- Ability to follow through with customers
- Share relevant information with other team members
- Ability to communicate effectively to patients about their medical conditions and the financial aspects of their care.
- Ability to communicate effectively to patients, centers, and staff regarding departmental policy
- Ability to type proficiently
- Ability to function effectively as extension of the Center
- Be flexible and open-minded in thought processes
- Maintain focus under pressure
- Share relevant information with other team members
Medical Terminology & Insurance
- Ability to understand basic medical terminology
- Ability to calculate deductible and co-insurance correctly
- Ability to read and understand carrier Explanation of Benefits
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
- Epic and/or eClinical Works experience
- Epremis, Waystar, Trizetto, SSI, Change Healthcare and Relay experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Responsible for assisting with Revenue Cycle’s EDI setup’s as needed. These include provider enrollments, database maintenance, liaison with vendor, test electronic files as needed.
- Responsible as needed for timely completion of all EDI – ERA – EFT forms to include documentation and follow-up processes through to completion and approval with all payors
- Manage eClinical Works and Epic Edit Work Queues and develop processes for daily workflows.
- Works with the team in developing and understanding EPIC and eClinical Works WQs and Clearinghouse processes
- Assist Revenue Cycle Analyst with projects and or issues
- Creates and monitors productivity reports in all markets for EDI Specialist
- Monthly one on one meetings with team members to discuss attendance, productivity and QA, goals and any other needs of the team member
- Trains new EDI Staff
- Maintain a high-level customer service approach to working team members, payors, centers, customers and business partners
- Monitoring assigned markets to achieve Productivity and QA metrics
- Identify any trends and educational opportunities
- Manage On-Boarding process for new employees.
- Complete employee work function set ups including IT, phone, supplies, compliance training, and time clock
- Quarterly performance log review and Annual Performance Appraisal of EDI Specialists
- Complies with Department best practice
- Maintain Daily communication with direct reports.
All other duties as assigned.
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.