Lead Advanced Clinical Associate - Medical Scribe
Rockville Centre, NY | Medical Scribe
Position Summary:The vision and mission of GoHealth Urgent Care is to deliver Unparalleled Experiences and our mission to go above and beyond for our customers, team members, partners and communities by ensuring that their experience is effortless, personal and connected. This mission is achieved through our core values of Collaboration, Innovation, Diversity and Inclusion, Courage and Integrity and Accountability.
The Lead Advanced Clinical Associate (ACA) is responsible for capturing accurate and detailed documentation for medical visits and procedures as directed by providers. The Lead ACA will set the standard for ACA workflow and efficiency, be a go to person for other ACA’s regarding questions on workflow or clinical operations, and will assist with scheduling. Completes all activities accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner while living our vision and mission.
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in a health related discipline preferred
- 6+ months experience with GoHealth Urgent Care as an ACA
- Medical Assistant experience preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required or must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
Certification and/or licensure to meet Order Entry requirements through one (1) of the following:
- Medical Assistant Certification (CCMA, CMA, NCMA or RMA.)
- Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) Certification
- Certified Medical Scribe Specialist (CMSS) Certification
- Certified Medical Scribe Professional (CMSP)
- Healthcare Professional Licensure including but not limited to EMT, ARRT, RN, LPN, etc.
- Pre-Med or Medical School preferred
- Keyboard proficiency
- Experience using Electronic Health Records
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaboration: Takes ownership for collectively establishing productive partnerships and relationships and seek to gain joint understanding of priorities and objectives so that the greater good of the organization and those we serve is always at the forefront.
- Innovation: Consistently uses good judgment, applying creativity to overcome obstacles and increasing effectiveness and efficiency though process and other forms of innovation.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Fosters diversity and inclusion, to be able to better understand team members, our customers and partners. Engages the strengths and talents of each GoHealth team member, creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection where the richness of ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed.
- Integrity: Models and practices the highest ethical and professional standards; demonstrates pride and personal interest in our patients, partners and fellow team members, deeply engaging in the business. Makes decisions, with a focus on doing the right thing; treats team members, our customers, partners and vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness and respect.
- Accountability: Always shows initiative, demonstrates a bias to action and gets things done. Actively accepts responsibility for diverse roles, obligations and actions that positively influence patient and customer outcomes, our partnerships and the healthcare needs of our communities.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office programs
- Accompany Providers with patients and capture accurate and detailed documentation for medical visits and procedures.
- Responsible for transcribing history, physical exams and provider assessment of patients; list all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions as directed by the provider.
- Responsible for transcribing patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
- Update medical records to include patient examination, treatment information plans, and test results.
- Initiate referral process with patients and specialists as instructed by providers.
- Responsible for other clinical tasks as directed under the providers discretion and as allowed by state regulation.
- Assist with managing team member call-outs in assigned region.
- Collaborate with scheduling coordinator to fill open shifts as needed; provide recommendations to leadership on performance improvement plans and feedback on team member performance as needed.
- Provide on-the-spot training and coaching for team members.
- Assist with staff training on policies and procedures, including updates as needed.
- Assist Medical Leadership with coordinating clinical rounds and case presentations
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Welcome to the East Coast epicenter for commerce, finance, media, art, fashion, research, technology and entertainment. New York is among the world’s most linguistically and culturally diverse cities. Its many attractions include the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero Memorial, Metropolitan Museum of Art and Central Park. Enjoy the nighttime neon of Times Square. Ride the Staten Island Ferry, see a concert at Radio City Music Hall or catch an exciting Broadway show. Though New York is the city that never sleeps, it’s made up of regions that are great places to raise a family — Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island and Westchester County. And all offer a great selection of neighborhoods and homes, plus excellent schools and renowned local colleges and universities.