Atlanta, GA | Clinical Education & Training
* This position is a project-based, full-time temporary role (4-month assignment). *
GoHealth Urgent Care partners with Health Systems at the forefront of care and delivery innovation. Our network includes partnerships with seven major Health Systems across the country. GoHealth Urgent Care will continue to partner with market-leading health systems across the nation in additional metro markets into 2020 and beyond.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content. Working with subject matter experts and identifying target audience's training needs. Applying tested instructional design theories, practice and methods. We are looking for a candidate working towards a professional Instructional Designer career to design and develop learning and practicing experiences. The goal is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and appealing manner.
- Create/update engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer.
- Provide support to the Director of Talent & Learning, Training and Technology Manager, and Clinical Learning Manager on the team to update current courses to the latest software.
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs
- Visualizing instructional graphics: create new and update older graphics used in learning materials.
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods.
- Create /edit/update supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, web-based training, etc.)
- Maintain project documentation and course folders.
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Troubleshoot technical problems via reported user issues and apply fixes when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- 2+ experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Works well as a member of a group as well as inspired to perform without outside help
- Able to manage multiple projects with flexibility and ease.
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System (we use Litmos)
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.