IT Support Technician I
Atlanta, GA | IT (Information Technology)
In this role, you will provide maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, performing hardware and software audits, and supporting the internal IT Helpdesk.
The successful IT Support Technician will be responsible for utilizing his/her skills to provide assistance to the operations team in resolving technical problems that cover a multitude of technical disciplines. Included in responsibilities will be the administration and internal support of the urgent care facilities and corporate PCs, printers, servers, and related equipment.
Regular activities include some network engineering and troubleshooting, project management, data cabling, systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments, telecom administration, root cause analysis in problem solving, and assistance in managing the activities of the department within the internal ticketing system. Understanding and assisting with hardware and application support based of knowledge base articles created and maintained by yourself and the team.
Additional tasks include, but not limited to, end user support, account creation, license tracking, and performing PC and Apple support, maintenance, upgrades and configurations.
The IT Support Technician must have an excellent understanding of computers (including hardware, software and applications) and a demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology. They must possess superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations.
Additionally, they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solvingability. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgment, and diplomacy required.
Proven ability to operate in high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelors preferred
- 1-2 years required
- 3 years preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Experience with IT support ticket systems
- Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Advanced Troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high pressure environment
- Proven skills in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
- Proven ability to work successfully with limited supervision
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
- Comfortable communicating in person and via phone/radio with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk
- Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation
- Utilize and maintain the help desk tracking software
- Document internal procedures
- Provide remote support to end users via Bomgar
- Assist with on-boarding/off-boarding of new users
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and any additional specialized equipment
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Report issues to the HelpDesk ticketing system for escalation
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
All other duties as assigned.
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.