Atlanta, GA | IT (Information Technology)
Position Summary:At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities.
As the Manager on GoHealth's IT team, you will be responsible for the planning, implementation and operations of the information technology infrastructure for outpatient healthcare facilities nationwide. This includes hardware and software deployment, network and systems operations and telecommunications. You will directly manage field technicians along with the central helpdesk team to ensure that all centers open on time and are functioning in a way that provides our users and patients with an effortless experience. You will be a key player in establishing long term goals related to patient experience, provider throughput and evolving technology. This position requires 3-5 years of IT operations (desktop, network and server management) and experience in an environment dependent on technology for business continuity.
In addition to impacting our core values of seamless integration and effortless patient experience, you will also be responsible for internal infrastructure delivery. You will analyze the needs of functional departments and establish priorities for delivery of solutions, provide technical support for computer systems and systems software, and develop new and/or modify the company's information processing systems. This will be a challenging position working in a fast paced environment with a focus around agile and rapid deployment.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelors preferred
- 3 years IT help desk experience required
- 5 years IT help desk experience preferred
- 3 years of systems engineer experience preferred
- 2 years team lead experience preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Managed/lead teams, preferably IT professionals
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complex IT projects on time and within budget
- Knowledge and experience in routing, switching, firewalls, WAN and wireless infrastructure, VPN connectivity, PBX and VoIP.
- Experience managing MS Exchange/Outlook and Skype/Teams for the corporate environment
- In-depth knowledge and experience with server and desktop operating systems such as Windows Server 2012, Windows 10 and Mac
- Thorough knowledge of network, host and application technologies, particularly in a healthcare environment.
- Familiarity and experience with Healthcare regulatory compliance and reporting bodies (HIPAA, JACHO, etc.)
- Lead a team in making technical decisions as it pertains to the IT needs of the centers.
- Procure, configure and administer servers, VMs, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Design, deploy and support LANs, WANs, network segments, internet and intranet systems to ensure network connectivity throughout infrastructure is on par with technical considerations. Provide support to the data circuit provisioning process. Adhere to timelines to make sure that internet connectivity is installed according to company guidelines.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, firewall and UTM appliances.
- Participate in system selections for enhancing patient care via new technologies.
- Participate in regular staff meetings with technical team and cross-functional teams to understand business needs, develop functional specifications, technical designs and/or workflow requirements.
- Troubleshoot technology problems reported by users.
- Identify needed resources for projects, define and assign major project roles.
- Develop, implement and monitor policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, legal and regulatory compliance.
- Assist with contract negotiations with consultants, technical personnel and vendors for services and products.
- Develop proposals to optimize existing and introduce emerging technologies in support of increasing operational readiness and failover capabilities of IT systems in a healthcare setting.
- Take responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams from IT, Engineering and business functions, including senior leadership team within and outside of your department and function.
- Collaborate with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Adapt to a constantly changing environment; flexibility to work extended hours and weekends if needed, occasional travel required.
- Provide feedback and leadership to team members to lead them effectively and help grow them for greater responsibilities.
All other duties as assigned.
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, healthcare, medical, clinical, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.