IT Field Technician
Remote - within our market area in North Carolina
Remote, NC | IT (Information Technology)
As a Field Technician you will be responsible for the delivery of IT support and services at each of our GoHealth Urgent Care locations. These services and support will be provided during regular field visits and/or during support service calls. These calls or service tickets must be maintained and managed. In addition to field support and service assistance, the technician will assist in building and implementing new facility IT hardware, and continuous support of their IT hardware and software needs. This also includes diagnosing errors and/or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
Technicians should produce timely and detailed follow ups and visit summaries and document all processes. The technician will work with the other engineers and central support team, share information across the organization and build positive relationships with the center staff. This includes hardware and software deployment, network and systems operations and telecommunications.
The Field Technician will be a key player in implementing long term goals related to patient experience, provider throughput and evolving technology. This position has a preferred 1-2 years of IT operations (desktop, network and server management) and experience in an environment dependent on technology for business continuity. This position requires frequent travel to our healthcare facilities and providing them with support as part of the day to day expectations.
Also as a Field Technician, you will be responsible for the preparatory and implementation of a new center roll out, including but not limited to the following. Meeting with Internet Service Providers and providing them with access the the telco rooms and instructing installations. Installing network gear and IT hardware during the implementation phase and supporting the center after opening day.
In addition to impacting our core values of effortless patient experience, you will also be responsible for internal infrastructure delivery. You will analyze the needs of functional departments and establish priorities for delivery of solutions, provide technical support for computer systems and systems software, and develop new and/or modify the company's information processing systems. This will be a challenging position working in a fast paced environment with a focus around agile and rapid deployment.
- High School - required
- Bachelors Degree - preferred
- 1 year - required
- 1-2 years - preferred
- Proven Field Service experience
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, and repair technical equipment, including but not limited to PC's, Macs, Wifi, switches, etc.
- Experience with Customer Service
- Willingness to take on projects and work them to completion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate abilities to deliver complex IT projects on time
- In depth knowledge and experience with desktop operating systems such as Windows 8.1, 10, and Mac
- Familiarity and experience with Healthcare regulatory compliance and reporting bodies (HIPAA, JACHO, etc.)
- Familiarity with mobile tools, applications, and providing remote support.
- Knowledge of network, host, and application technologies, particularly in a healthcare environment.
- Configure, repair, and maintain desktop computers, printers, phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Assist in the design, deploy and support LANs, WANs, network segments, internet and intranet systems to ensure network connectivity throughout infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Participate in regular staff meetings with technical team and cross-functional teams to understand business needs, develop functional specifications, technical designs and/or workflow requirements.
- Troubleshoot technology problems reported by users.
- Identify needed resources for projects, define and assign major project roles.
- Implement and monitor policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, legal and regulatory compliance.
- Take responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams from IT, Engineering and business functions, including senior leadership team within and outside of your department and function.
- Collaborate with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Adapt to a constantly changing environment; flexibility to work extended hours and weekends if needed, occasional travel required.
- Coordinate and assist with ISP Vendors to ensure networks are installed and turned up appropriately.
- Implementation of all IT hardware during new location growth and expansion.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.