IT Field Technician
Charlotte, NC (Coming soon ) | Information Technology
As a Field Technician you will be responsible for the delivery of IT support and services at each of our GoHealth Urgent Care locations. These services and support will be provided during regular field visits and/or during support service calls. These calls or service tickets must be maintained and managed. In addition to field support and service assistance, the technician will assist in building and implementing new facility IT hardware, and continuous support of their IT hardware and software needs.
This also includes diagnosing errors and/or technical problems and determine proper solutions. Technicians should produce timely and detailed follow-ups and visit summaries and document all processes. The technician will work with the other engineers and central support team, share information across the organization and build positive relationships with the center staff. This includes hardware and software deployment, network and systems operations and telecommunications.
The Field Technician will be a key player in implementing long-term goals related to patient experience, provider throughput and evolving technology. This position has a preferred 1-2 years of IT operations (desktop, network and server management) and experience in an environment dependent on technology for business continuity. This position requires frequent travel to our healthcare facilities and providing them with support as part of the day to day expectations.
***We are seeking someone with reliable transportation.***
Also as a Field Technician, you will be responsible for the preparatory and implementation of a new center rollout, including but not limited to the following. Meeting with Internet Service Providers and providing them with access the telco rooms and instructing installations. Installing network gear and IT hardware during the implementation phase and supporting the center after opening day.
In addition to impacting our core values of effortless patient experience, you will also be responsible for internal infrastructure delivery. You will analyze the needs of functional departments and establish priorities for delivery of solutions, provide technical support for computer systems and systems software, and develop new and/or modify the company's information processing systems. This will be a challenging position working in a fast paced environment with a focus on agile and rapid deployment.
- Configure, repair, and maintain desktop computers, printers, phones, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Assist in the design, deploy and support LANs, WANs, network segments, internet and intranet systems to ensure network connectivity throughout infrastructure is on par with technical considerations.
- Participate in regular staff meetings with technical team and cross-functional teams to understand business needs, develop functional specifications, technical designs and/or workflow requirements.
- Troubleshoot technology problems reported by users.
- Identify needed resources for projects, define and assign major project roles.
- Implement and monitor policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, legal and regulatory compliance.
- Take responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams from IT, Engineering and business functions, including senior leadership team within and outside of your department and function.
- Collaborate with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Adapt to a constantly changing environment; flexibility to work extended hours and weekends if needed, occasional travel required.
- Coordinate and assist with ISP Vendors to ensure networks are installed and turned up appropriately.
- Implementation of all IT hardware during new location growth and expansion.
All other duties as assigned.
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, healthcare,medical, clinical, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, information technology, help desk, support, technical, computer, network, installation, software, telco
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Winston-Salem and Charlotte are both among U.S. News & World Report’s Top 50 Best Places to Live.
Winston-Salem is a region on the rise with a population of 654,589 and strong southern roots. It’s friendly and diverse—retaining a small-town feel—and features fabulous restaurants, inviting neighborhoods and trendy apartments. For the adventurous, there are many local hiking trails, state parks, Pilot Mountain, Hanging Rock and Piedmont Quarry. Premier attractions include the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art and the Reynolda House Museum of American Art.
Charlotte boasts the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, The Mint Museum and the Levine Museum of the New South. And with a population approaching 2.4 million, Charlotte offers much to see and do—from local craft breweries, numerous parks and greenway trails to excellent shopping and dining, downtown theaters and nightlife to the PNC Music Pavilion. Catch an NFL Carolina Panthers football game, cheer on the NBA’s Charlotte Hornets, or take in a Charlotte Knights baseball game. It’s all here, served by excellent public transportation, Amtrak and Charlotte Douglas International Airport.