Human Resources (People Team) Specialist
Atlanta, GA | Human Resources (People Team)
Position Summary:GoHealth Urgent Care partners with healthcare systems across the country to provide unparalleled experiences for our customers, employees, partners and community. We live our values of innovation, collaboration, diversity/inclusion, courage/integrity and accountability. We believe in promoting from within and the value of each team member. Check us out as we are growing and in need of professionals whose mission and values coincide with GoHealth!
The People Team Specialist collaborates within the People Team and other departments throughout the organization providing a customer focused and effective support service to the organization to achieve the company’s mission, goals and objectives. Provides technical and administrative support to the People Team that includes coordination and management of total rewards processes, onboarding processes and strategic support to the field operations. Total Rewards processes include benefits, leave management, worker’s compensation, I-9 verification
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field preferred
- Four years of administrative support experience, two years of human resources admin support or one year as People Team Specialist supporting an HR team.
- One year of human resource generalist experience with health care experience. Experience in managing and implementing projects and strategic change initiatives. Experience in benefits and leave management preferred.
- PHR or SPHR or other Human Resource Certification preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
DECISION MAKING – Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; commits to action, even in uncertain situations, to accomplish organizational goals; cause change.
FLEXIBILITY - Open to change and new information; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; effectively deals with ambiguity.
INTERPERSONAL – Develops and maintains excellent working relationships within the People Team and other business departments.
BUILDING RAPPORT - Exercises skill and diplomacy to establish People Team as a trusted, credible business partner; creates buy-in with customers.
ORAL COMMUNICATION - Expresses information (ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (technical, sensitive, controversial, etc.); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
PROBLEM SOLVING – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
SELF-MANAGEMENT – Sets well-defined and realistic personal goals; displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision; is motivated to achieve; demonstrates responsible behavior.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCE – Uses or gains knowledge that is necessary to perform the major functions that are described above (i.e., familiar with state/local laws that govern employment and can translate those into providing advice.)
WRITING – Recognizes and uses correct English grammar, punctuation, and spelling; communicates information in a succinct and organized manner; produces written information that is appropriate for the intended audience.
CUSTOMER SERVICE – Demonstrates a results oriented focus for delivering appropriate services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
TEAMWORK/COLLABORATION – Demonstrates skills and abilities in collaborative efforts with experience in team/project oriented activities.
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT – Maintains good communication and a positive relationship with employees at all levels of the organization to promote employee satisfaction. Projects excellent customer relations in all interactions.
ATTENTION TO DETAIL – Ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
- Employee life-cycle support: Provides new hire and benefits/total rewards support, to include data input, tracking and vendor collaboration. Handles status changes, comp changes and terminations.
- Works closely with the Talent Acquisition team to accomplish effortless onboarding of new hires.
- Projects: Assist the People Team with projects via planning, project management, data gathering and analysis.
- Partnerships: Establishes productive relationships and rapport with customers to gain joint understanding of business goals, strengths, and opportunities providing timely follow up on issues/concerns. This includes being there to listen.
- Field Support: Supports and assists with implementation of People Team initiatives to enhance successful rollout and acceptance throughout the organization. Alerts Director, Total Rewards to high risk situations that may have an impact on the organization. Works with company-wide People Team initiatives to assure the successful rollout and acceptance of initiatives, policies, and programs throughout the organization. Answers questions and helps solve problems.
- Assists People Team with special projects including spreadsheets for tracking. Special projects include any Compliance related projects or employee engagement projects.
- Regulatory Compliance: Works with leaders to assist them in knowing/understanding components of HR standards so they can remain compliant (i.e., I-9/E-Verify, timely Performance Evaluations, license/certification renewal etc.).
- Worker’s compensation and leave management.
- All other duties as assigned.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.