HR Credentialing Specialist
Atlanta, GA | Human Resources (People Team)
The People Team Certification/Licensure Specialist collaborates within the People Team and other departments throughout the organization providing a customer focused and effective support service to the organization to achieve the company's mission, goals, and objectives. Ensures all staff certifications and licensures are current and up to date in accordance with internal, regulatory and accreditation standards. Performs audits of both internal and third-party databases on staff information compiled by external certifications/licensures verification databases to ensure certification/licensure verification is completed timely and according to all regulatory and company requirements. Notifies the managers of impending licensure or certification due dates and notifies the People Business Partner of lapses. Ensures that all tracking items are in the system such as flu shots, vaccines or mask fit testing. Reporting to determine missing information and/or expiration dates.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred
- Five years of administrative support experience, three years of human resources admin support (preferably in the health care industry).
- Two years of medical licensure/certification verification experience (highly preferred but not required)
- Strong detail orientation required, with the ability to administer multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform work at a high level of accuracy and timelines.
- Attention to confidentiality and regard for protecting confidential and sensitive information
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Access, Excel, and Word.
- Strong problem solving and time management skills with the ability to consistently work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Excel, data-base management, and document storage and management skills
- PHR or SPHR or other Human Resource Certification preferred.
- Obtaining license information from publicly available state/government agency websites.
- Confirms the certification information (including expiration dates) are in the HRIS system
- Conducting follow up as needed, acting as the primary liaison for all GoHealth Urgent Care locations to ensure that all certifications are completed within the required timelines and that each staff member meets federal and state regulations as well as GoHealth Urgent Care internal requirements
- Maintaining and updating HRIS system on individual staff certification/license status, tracking vaccination, PPE fittings, and maintaining a complete and accurate log of historical data.
- Provides regular reports and updates of expirations or missing information.
- Communicating with People Team Business Partners and Regional Operation Managers regarding certification status, providing updates and obtaining additional information as required.
- Continually audits and analyzes the certification/licensure process to identify deficiencies in controls and to identify process/workflow issues recommending improvements to manager and implementing if approved.
- Review internal HRIS staff information and database compiled by external certification verification sites to identify and take appropriate action where required to correct areas of noncompliance with company policy, such as expired certification/license, recertification requirements of identified deficiencies relating to staff, reporting of staff non-compliant with verification policies, expired board certifications and other requirements as applicable.
- Responsible for generating various standard and ad hoc reports from HRIS
- Prepares project status reports as required, detailing progress of certification verification status of individual staff, and reporting variances and trends in the certification process as identified to the Supervisor, People Team. Prepares reports detailing certification/licensure verification issues to pertinent field staff and Management.
- Review and comply with all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state, and federal laws, and regulations.
Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor
Other duties as assigned.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.