Full Stack Mobile Developer - Remote
Atlanta, GA | IT (Information Technology)
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we strive to provide an effortless experience to our customers, providers, and staffs. We are constantly innovating and looking for new ways to use technology to enhance our customers’ interaction.
This position will play a key role in developing our consumer facing mobile app and web applications to give our customer peace of mind when they need urgent care. The app will achieve outcomes such as allowing a patient to complete their demographic and insurance details an efficient and secure manner and feed the information seamlessly into the electronic medical record system.
This position will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of new features in the mobile app and will be working with the software development team to deliver this amazing user experience. Responsibilities will also include working with leaders across the GoHealth organization to understand our customers and service offerings and use that information to shape the design and functionality offered from the mobile app.
The role will require collaboration with diverse roles including marketing, physicians, operations leadership, as well as others within the IT team. It will require excellent problem-solving skills to anticipate and solve for complexities before deployment.
- 4-year CS degree required (or equivalent experience)
- 2+ years mobile application development using React Native required
- Experience supporting physician practices with ambulatory EMR preferred
- iOS and Android deployment (App Store, Google Play Store)
- App layout and user interface development, and architecture design
- Proficiency with SQL database technology such as MS-SQL or MySQL
- Expertise with REST and GraphQL API technologies including testing and troubleshooting tools
- Proficient with both Microsoft and *nix operating systems
- Proven record of success using development practices including agile project management, test driven development, continuous deployment, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Healthcare specific software development experience
- Experience with IaaS/PaaS cloud compute resources such as Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Expertise with healthcare business processes within physician practices and associated application software necessary to support those processes within an integrated delivery system
- Develop React Native mobile apps for iOS and Android that communicate with RESTful/GraphQL APIs, use local storage, network data synchronization, and user authentication.
- Drive the development of our mobile applications, from architecture, to coding, to release. Unify React Native codebase to share across our iOS and Android clients
- Develop/update Web applications as identified by GoHealth leadership and marketing through packaged and customized applications.
- A solid understanding of mobile and application development processes including the software development life cycle.
- Manage production software. You ship it you own it!
- Maintain and build the development pipeline to increase speed, production and quality
- Monitor, identify and relieve bottlenecks and restraints on production systems through development and system tuning
- Ensure the production software is scalable, stable and secure
- Gather and analyze information necessary to create feature mock-ups and obtain design approval from appropriate stake holders
- Use analytical thinking skills to work through complex situations
- Troubleshoot, fix and test software bugs.
- Test and document current and future systems and development.
- Read through code to find discrepancies which prevent applications from running correctly
- Demonstrate strong multitasking and problem-solving skills to identify errors in software.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Other duties as assigned.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.