Field Educator - Medical Scribe - ACA (Advanced Clinical Associate)
Gresham, OR| Medical Scribes
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferred in the fields of Training, Education, Sciences or health-related disciplines)
- 1+ year experience as medical scribe
- 2+ years of experience in medical setting, preferably in urgent care
- 6+ months experience in providing training or learning
- CCMA- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (verified through NHA, National Healthcareer Association)
- CMA- Certified Medical Assistant (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistant)
- RMA- Registered Medical Assistant (verified through AMT, American Medical Technologists)
- NCMA- National Certified Medical Assistant (verified through NCCT, National Center for Competency Testing)
- ABR-OE- Assessment-Based Recognition in Order Entry; CPOE- Computerized Physician Order Entry (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistants)
- CMSS – Certified Medical Scribe Specialist (verified through ACMSS, American College of Medical Scribe Specialists)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Radiologic Technologist (RT, ARRT certified)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Knowledge of EPIC
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Keyboard typing proficiency of 60 wpm.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Collaboration: Takes ownership for collectively establishing productive partnerships and relationships and seek to gain a joint understanding of priorities and objectives so that the greater good of the organization and those we serve is always at the forefront.
- Innovation: Consistently uses good judgment, applying creativity to overcome obstacles and increasing effectiveness and efficiency through a process and other forms of innovation.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Fosters diversity and inclusion, to be able to better understand team members, our customers and partners. Engages the strengths and talents of each GoHealth team member, creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection where the richness of ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed.
- Integrity: Models and practices the highest ethical and professional standards; demonstrates pride and personal interest in our patients, partners and fellow team members, deeply engaging in the business. Makes decisions, with a focus on doing the right thing; treats team members, our customers, partners and vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness and respect.
- Accountability: Always shows initiative, demonstrates a bias to action and gets things done. Actively accepts responsibility for diverse roles, obligations and actions that positively influence patient and customer outcomes, our partnerships and the healthcare needs of our communities.
- Develop and deliver Advanced Clinical Associate (ACA) training and Provider EHR training
- Optimize training by developing and analyzing data from knowledge assessments, training performance evaluations and reaction surveys.
- Facilitate ACA competency assessments through audits and conduct follow up training as necessary.
- Coordinate ACA onboarding and training process.
- Accompany provider into the patient examination room and transcribe history and physical exam, and accurately document the provider’s assessment of the patient.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the provider.
- Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
- Update medical records by recording patient examination, treatment information plans, and test results.
- Initiate referral process with patients and specialists as instructed by providers.
- Conduct interviews to verify patient information.; record medical history and confirm the purpose of visit.
- Prepare patients for examination by performing preliminary physical test vital signs; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Assist provider with patient evaluation and perform in-office procedures.
- Perform in office point of service testing, including flu, mono, strep, urinalysis, phlebotomy and EKG.
- Perform and document daily controls and calibration of equipment by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns, maintain supplies, perform preventive maintenance, and call for repairs as needed.
- Performing curtesy callbacks to follow up on patients.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care, trainer, training, development, training and development
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
The Greater Portland market spans both Washington and Oregon. Magnificent Mount Hood is always in view, accessed by the historic Columbia River Highway, which winds through beautiful rivers, waterfalls, valleys and scenic sights. Local attractions include the Pittock Mansion, St. Johns Bridge, the International Rose Test Garden, Lan Su Chinese Garden, and the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. There are also many wineries and breweries, the Portland Farmers Market, and lots of local music and nightlife — plus great shopping and restaurants. And you’ll find many friendly neighborhoods with great schools.