Director, Information Systems
Remote, | IT (Information Technology)
The Director of Information systems will be responsible for the overall planning, budgeting, implementation, and maintenance of the EMR and PM systems used across the GoHealth Urgent Care centers.
This role partners and collaborates with clinical and revenue leadership in determining how technology can be used to enhance workflows, revenue/collections, support best practices, and fulfill regulatory and integration requirements.
This role is then responsible to translates those needs into system requirements, design specifications, and the implementation of system build to meet these requirements. It requires a solid understanding of how to leverage clinical applications for patient throughput and other competitive advantages.
The role works closely with GoHealth leadership across all levels to evaluate and recommend changes for staffing, equipment, software, systems, processes, and vendor relationships. Partners with leadership at joint venture/health system partners to build trust and ensure mutual goals are met. Lead integration projects; manage vendor and internal project plans for implementation and integration. Manages the vendor relationships with all EMR vendors. Also serves as a resource in evaluating policy and strategy for information technology.
This role is the primary owner for the relationship between GoHealth and our partner health systems IT teams to ensure GoHealth delivers on such commitments as seamless integration and an unparalleled patient experience.
- 4-year degree required (or equivalent experience)
- BA preferred
- 7+ years of management experience in healthcare information technology required
- 3+ years of experience managing application analysts and directing the management of EMR and/or PM systems in an ambulatory/outpatient physician practice setting required
- One or more Epic administration certifications required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the proven ability to motivate peoplE
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with all levels in dynamic situations
- Knowledge of EMR/Practice Management systems and related technologies used in physician practices and central billing offices
- Experience with EpicCare Ambulatory , knowing workflow, process, back office not build experience, or Resolute Professional Billing is required
- Expertise with healthcare business processes within physician practices and associated application software necessary to support those processes within an integrated delivery system
- Direct, plan, design, implement and monitor all necessary activities for the success of multiple clinical systems/modules associated with EMR/PM/CBO projects and initiatives.
- Identify business and clinical opportunities to extend information technology to enhance productivity throughout the organization.
- Evaluate new, innovative technologies for integration in EMR and Revenue Cycle applications and workflows
- Establish and manage excellent rapport physician champions, medical directors, operational leadership as well as central billing office leadership to understand clinical and billing workflows and how our software systems aid in patient care and billing.
- Create strong relationships with GoHealth’s joint venture partner IT and IS teams to facilitate strong collaboration and successful execution of cross functional projects and intiatives
- Partner with leaders throughout the organization to successfully leverage existing EMR/PM systems and technology in new service lines including (but not limited to) video visits, pediatric urgent care, and occupational health.
- Recruit, train, motivate, evaluate, and retain a staff of highly skilled information technology professionals.
- Maintains professional growth and development for self and staff through workshops, professional affiliations, and other professional organizations to keep abreast of latest trends in healthcare and IT.
- Provide leadership to direct reports to establish a culture of excellent customer service and proactive support
- Develop and implement policies and procedures, quality assurance programs and safety standards associated with the EMRs.
- Develop and manage the annual operating expense and capital budgets for each department within EMR and CBO systems.
- Negotiate vendor software and service contracts, evaluating all expenditures to determine the most appropriate course of action.
- Responsible for managing vendor relationships as well as conformance to contracts.
- Document, communicate, and help to resolve feedback, questions, and enhancement requests along with others on the GoHealth IT and operations staff
- Escalating risks and issues as appropriate to the project sponsor and/or the external partner.
- Assisting in identification of opportunities for process and quality improvement both internally to GoHealth and within patient flow, clinic, or CBO operations.
- Collaborate with a great team of people moving exciting projects forward and working to improve systems and process along the way.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.