Director, Central Billing Office
Atlanta, GA | Billing
Lead the overall policies, objectives, and initiatives for account follow-up, payment posting, and claims process functions of the Central Business Office. Interact internally with market leadership and externally with vendors, JV partners, and insurance payors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field required
- Master’s degree in related field preferred
- 5 years of Healthcare experience in a hospital or healthcare system required
- 2 years of progressive management experience required
- Epic certification in revenue cycle preferred
- Strong knowledge of the Accounts Receivable process
- Excellent phone, communication, organizational skills, computer skills and mathematical skills
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Strong knowledge of process and understanding of practice management system
- Epic or eClinicalWorks experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Develops, recommends and executes revenue cycle stategies that support the organization’s strategic plan in consultation with the VP of Revenue Cycle and based upon input from executive staff, department directors and managers
- Assures the development of operating systems and an effective organizational structure that result in optimum service delivery and achievement of identified goals
- Holds self and others accountable to meet stated objectives, outcomes, goals, timetables, and commitments
- Continuously evaluates, identifies and implements opportunities for increased automation of revenue cycle operations through optimization of Epic and eCW functionality
- Evaluates the effectiveness of and monitors the implementation and enforcement of policies, practices and procedures to maximize customer focus, efficiency and effectiveness of revenue cycle departments while achieving identified standards
- Motivates, mentors, and directs subordinates to ensure that job accountablities are established and met.
- Makes recommendations and procedures to keep Days of Revenue in AR at acceptable levels.
- Prepares monthly analysis and reports pertaining to AR
- Implements and monitors collectin procedures, minimizing contractual and bad debt write-offs, and maximizing cash collections.
- Establishes and maintains proper internal control throughout the organization
Customer service skills:
- Ability to represent the Department in a professional manner when interacting with patients, guests,
- physicians and their staff
- Ability to handle service issues professionally
- Ability to follow through with customers
- Ability to communicate effectively to patients about their medical conditions and the financial aspects of their care.
- Ability to communicate effectively to patients, centers, and staff regarding departmental policy
- Ability to type proficiently
- Ability to function effectively as extension of the Center
- Be flexible and open-minded in thought processes
- Maintain focus under pressure
- Share relevant information with other team members
- Ability to understand basic medical terminology
- Ability to calculate deductible and co-insurance correctly
- Abilty to read and understand carrier Explanation of Benefits
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.