Atlanta, GA| Accounts Receivable
Position Summary:This Director, Central Business office is responsible for leading the overall policies, objectives, and initiatives for account follow-up, payment posting, and claims process functions for the Central Business Office. Responsible for interacting internally with market leadership and externally with vendors, JV partners, and insurance payors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field required
- Master’s degree in related field preferred
- 6+ years of Healthcare Revenue Cycle experience
- 3+ years of progressive management experience
- Epic certification in revenue cycle preferred
- Strong knowledge of the Accounts Receivable practice
- Strong knowledge of process and understanding of practice management system
- Ability to represent the Department in a professional manner when interacting with patients, guests, physicians and their staff
- Ability to handle service issues professionally
- Ability to follow through with customers
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to type proficiently
- Ability to function effectively as an extension of the Center
- Be flexible and open-minded in thought processes
- Maintain focus under pressure
- Share relevant information with other team members
- Ability to understand basic medical terminology
- Ability to calculate deductible and co-insurance correctly
- Ability to read and understand carrier Explanation of Benefits
- Epic and/or eClinicalWorks experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- In collaboration with the senior leadership, this role is responsible for development, recommendations and execution revenue cycle strategies that support the organization’s strategic plan.
- Responsible for the development of revenue cycle operating systems and an effective organizational structure in an effort to optimize service delivery and achievement of identified goals.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement opportunities for enhanced automation of revenue cycle operations through optimization of Epic and eCW functionality.
- Implement and evaluate the effectiveness of revenue cycle policies, practices, and procedures in an effort to maximize customer focus, efficiency and effectiveness of revenue cycle departments.
- Provide guidance and leadership to a manager and other team members, including performance review, development, and coaching of team member; accountable for interviewing and selecting new team members.
- Motivate, mentor, and direct subordinates to ensure that job accountabilities are established and met.
- Provide recommendations for procedures to keep Days of Revenue in AR at acceptable levels.
- Prepare monthly accounts receivable data reporting and analytics.
- Implement and monitor collecting procedures, minimize contractual and bad debt write-offs, and maximize cash collections.
- Establish and maintain proper internal control throughout the organization.
- All other duties as assigned.
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care, accounts receivable, accounting
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.