Direct Contract Revenue Cycle Specialist
Atlanta, GA | Billing
- High School diploma or GED required
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Work Experience
- 2 years of related experience and/or training required
- Knowledge of AP systems and processes
- Understanding of general accounting
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Strong organizational skills
- Action-oriented and a sense of urgency
- Epic or eClinical Works
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Coordination / completion of Epic and eCW direct contracts build (guarantor and OccHealth build)
- Regular reporting and rev cycle process tracing to assure quality/adherence to back end processes.
- Maintain client’s aging at their current terms through pro-active collection activities.
- Custom billing, reporting, special handling, and packaging of all client invoicing needs
- Assist customers with invoice questions, special invoicing, reporting, corrections, and write offs as needed. If an action is required, backup should be compiled and graduated for review and processing.
- Work with the appropriate team members to resolve any customer service issues discovered during the invoicing and collection process. If an action is required, backup should be compiled and graduated for review and processing.
- Update customer maintenance with current client contact information for invoice remittance and follow-up.
- Maintain client billing cycles, to assure the timeliness of invoicing.
- Keep current the AR tracking database with relevant client information, collection, and billing processes.
- Perform additional duties and assignments as directed.
- Ability to represent the Department in a professional manner when interacting with patients, guests, physicians and their staff
- Ability to handle service issues professionally
- Ability to follow through with customers
- Ability to communicate effectively to patients about their medical conditions and the financial aspects of their care.
- Ability to communicate effectively to patients, centers, and staff regarding departmental policy
- Ability to type proficiently
- Ability to function effectively as extension of the Center
- Be flexible and open-minded in thought processes
- Maintain focus under pressure
- Share relevant information with other team members
- Ability to understand basic medical terminology
- Ability to calculate deductible and co-insurance correctly
- Abilty to read and understand carrier Explanation of Benefits
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.