DevOps Support Engineer
Remote, | IT (Information Technology)
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we strive to provide an effortless experience to our customers, providers, and staffs. We are constantly innovating and looking for new ways to use technology to enhance our customers’ interaction.
This position will play a key role in developing and supporting our consumer facing web applications and mobile applications to give our customer peace of mind when they need urgent care.
These applications achieve outcomes such as allowing a patient to complete their demographic and insurance details in an efficient and secure manner and feed the information seamlessly into the electronic medical record system.
This position will be responsible for the design, development, implementation, support, security practices, and maintenance of the production infrastructure and will be working with the software development team to deliver this amazing user experience. Responsibilities will also include working with leaders across the GoHealth organization to understand our customers and service offerings and use that information to shape the design and functionality offered in the web and mobile app.
The role will require collaboration with diverse roles including security, engineering, marketing, physicians, operations leadership, as well as others within the IT team. This role will require excellent problem-solving skills to anticipate and solve for complexities before deployment and will be expected to be the technical subject matter expert.
4-year Computer Science Degree required or equivalent related experience
- 3+ years of professional experience with cloud technologies and DevOps tools (preferably MS Azure, Azure DevOps)
- 3+ years of professional experience with container orchestration (Azure Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience with package management tools (NPM, Yarn)
- Experience with mainstream application monitoring tools
- Experience with load testing tools/frameworks
- DevSecOps experience is a plus.
- Demonstrates an understanding of Agile/Scrum software development methodologies, practices, and the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Proficiency with SQL database technology such as MS-SQL or MySQL
- Expertise with REST and GraphQL API technologies including testing and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with IaaS/PaaS cloud compute resources such as Microsoft Azure or AWS
- Proficient with both Microsoft and *nix operating systems
- Proven record of success using development practices including agile project management, test driven development, continuous integration/deployment, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Healthcare specific DevOps experience
- Understanding of OWASP, CVSS, the MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Preferably some experience with operations and security across Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Expertise with healthcare business processes within physician practices and associated application software necessary to support those processes within an integrated delivery system
- Build, support, tune, and maintain production pipelines and cloud infrastructure
- Provide level 2 and 3 technical support for our production applications and integrations; help triage support requests
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Collaborate with the development, engineering, and security teams to ensure that production software is scalable, stable, and secure
- Support the ability to “shift left” and incorporate security early on and throughout the development lifecycle
- Partner with security team to identify vulnerabilities in code through automated and manual assessments and communicate remediation and results in a manner understood by technical and non-technical business units.
- Analyze code to find discrepancies which prevent applications from running correctly
- Set up and maintain application-level monitoring and alerts to help identify and correct potential issues early
- Help review, verify, and validate code written by the development team
- Provide off hours/weekend support as needed.
- Create and maintain up-to-date technical and procedural documentation for current and future systems, integrations, and processes.
- Be a technical subject matter expert; help lead technical discussions and provide expertise that influences decisions and direction on various topics ranging from architecture, to coding, and release.
- Assist with release testing (automated and manual) and deployments.
- Other duties as assigned.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Houston, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.