Atlanta, GA | Legal & Compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in health/public/business administration, public policy, health information management, or related field required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 1-4 years’ experience with healthcare compliance programs required
- Experience in an urgent care, physician office, or emergency room setting preferred
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) desired within 18 months of hire.
- Other desired certifications: Certified in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC); Certified Professional Coder (CPC); Certified Coding Specialist (CCS).
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid billing rules and guidelines. Familiarity with CPT and ICD coding guidelines.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations, such as False Claims Act, Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, Civil Monetary Penalties Law, and HIPAA.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function within a fast-paced, dynamic, and growing environment
Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Epic or eClinicalWorks EMR experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and SharePoint
- Policy and procedure development
- Ability to research and apply various state and federal healthcare regulations
- Create and lead teams to address and resolve compliance matters in an effective and efficient manner.
- Uphold compliant and ethical behavior in all situations and be an ambassador at all times for the Compliance Program.
- Address and resolve privacy matters, including coordination of notification and follow up.
- Perform internal audits and reviews of processes in a thorough and structured manner.
- Review of billing/reimbursement activities and application of CPT, ICD, Medicare NCDs/LCDs rules.
- Create collaborative, effective workgroups of internal and external stake holders.
- Research, synthesize, and apply various complex state and federal healthcare regulations.
- Create audit reports, policies and procedures, or other department communications.
- Data analysis, including ability to manipulate data in Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Participation in and contribution to the risk assessment and work plan creation process.
- Verbal communication and ability to present compliance education to various audiences.
- Strong customer service acumen in responding to and dealing with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Organize, track, and resolve compliance matters as they arise.
- Perform exclusion screening of employees and vendors against OIG, SAM, and state Medicaid exclusion lists.
- Facilitate, plan, and coordinate compliance meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.