Collections and Reporting Specialist
Atlanta, GA | Billing
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- 2+ years Medical Billing experience required
- Medical insurance billing and claims processing preferred
- CPAR – Certified Patient Account Representative preferred
- Hands on knowledge of CPT and ICD codes
- Excellent phone, communication, organizational skills, computer skills and mathematical skills
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Ability to represent the Department in a professional manner when interacting with patients, guests, physicians and their staff
- Ability to handle service issues professionally
- Ability to follow through with customers
- Ability to communicate effectively to patients about their medical conditions and the financial aspects of their care.
- Ability to coordination the pre-collection without losing scan and increasing cancellation rate.
- Ability to type proficiently
- Ability to function effectively as extension of the Center
- Be flexible and open-minded in thought processes
- Maintain focus under pressure
- Share relevant information with other employees
- Volunteer to assist others when time permits
- Ability to understand basic medical terminology
- Ability to calculate deductible and co-insurance correctly
- Ability to read and understand carrier Explanation of Benefits
- Epic or eClinicalWorks experience
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Review patient accounts to ensure all insurance is billed and patient received all statements before account is sent to collections.
- Responsible for assigned reports that will be completed in the allotted time frame. This will include but not limited to Bankruptcies, Death notifications, Agency Referral, Hold Reports, Cancellation reports, Payment Plan reports, statement requests, Address mail changes and any other report that will need to be worked to complete patient record.
- Responsible for reviewing and completing all assigned reports within allotted time frame.
- Update patient insurance information and submit claims to the patient carrier.
- Respond to patient emails within 24-48 hour time frame.
- Review self pay 60 day work queues.
- Responsible for updating patient demographic information from returned mail and address correction reports.
- Maintain a high level customer service approach to working with Accounts Receivable Specialists, payors and centers.
- Assist the PAS Phone Team as needed
- Establish and maintain a high level customer service approach to working with all patients.
- PAS will work each call to it’s conclusion including but not limited to working with other teams to research,review and respond to the patient’s needs and provide follow up within 24-48 hour time frame.
- PAS will be responsible for collecting unpaid balances and processing and batching credit card payments.
- Follows HIPAA guidelines in handling patient information.
All other duties as assigned.
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Michigan, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.