Clinical Associate - Direct to Employers - 2 Bonus Structures!
San Bruno, CA | Medical Assistant
- Graduate of a Medical Assisting Program
- High School graduate or GED
- 2+ years of Medical Assistant experience
- 5+ years of experience or (medical) military experience in lieu of required certifications listed below
One of the following certifications is required (or must obtain within 6 month of hire):
- CCMA- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (verified through NHA, National Healthcareer Association)
- CMA- Certified Medical Assistant (verified through AAMA, American Association of Medical Assistant)
- RMA- Registered Medical Assistant (verified through AMT, American Medical Technologists)
- Certification by the Department of Health as Paramedic
- NCMA- National Certified Medical Assistant (verified through NCCT, National Center for Competency Testing
- Basic Life Support (BLS) must be obtained within 6 months of hire
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software
- Support one another and partner as a team
- Actively listen, seek feedback and check for understanding
- Be a servant leader to our customers, team members, partners and communities
- Don't assume that you always have the right answer
- Create shared success by leveraging the strengths of the entire team
- Embrace new ideas, processes and tools
- Challenge the status quo
- Creatively solve problems
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Test, assess, adjust and learn
- Assume positive intent
- Recognize, value and celebrate our differences
- Respect, connect with and learn from each other
- Actively engage others' strengths and talents, especially when they are different than your own
- Act, think and listen without bias or prejudice
- Do the right thing, especially when it is more difficult
- Commit to organizational transparency
- Promote the truth, even when it is unpopular or controversial
- Be ethical, fair and authentic
- Share new ideas with conviction
- Take the initiative and seek more responsibility
- Be specific, objective and actionable
- Possess a bias towards action
- Deliver on time
- Drive results
Direct to Employer (DTE)
- Point of contact for onsite testing/DTE onsite activities
- Maintain all necessary paperwork for onsite testing
- Maintain equipment for onsite DTE activities
- Ability to report via EOD email on all onsite activities
- Travel and maintain drivers license
- Conduct patient registration, which includes securing required paperwork and insurance documentation, and verification of insurance and patient eligibility.
- Process co-pays and schedule patient appointments for assigned center.
- Coordinate provider referrals to assigned Specialist.
- Answer patient questions regarding their care and keep them informed of their status.
Patient Preparation and Rooming
- Inform technical staff of patient flow.
- Prepare patients for examination, which includes conducting interviews to verify patient information, record medical history; confirm purpose of visit;
- Perform preliminary physical test (blood pressure, weight, temperature, etc.) for vital signs and escalate critical cases to provider as needed.
- Conduct point of care testing as needed (i.e., flu, strep, urinalysis, ECG, HCG); and provide patient information to provider.
- Responsible for stocking supplies and maintenance of exam rooms, front desk, and reception area; ensure providers have medical supplies needed.
- Responsible for completing order sheets to maintain supply inventory levels; regularly check expiration dates on supplies.
- Responsible for maintenance of medical records and scanning charts to patient files.
- Answer phone calls, collect and sort daily incoming and outgoing postal correspondence
- Ensure reception is well maintained
- Conduct courtesy call-backs for patient follow-up.
- Perform opening and closing duties, which includes cashing out, end-of-day communication, and securing the building.
- Follow operating instructions to perform and document daily controls and calibration of equipment; maintain Quality Assurance/Quality Control logs for equipment troubleshoot breakdowns, perform preventive maintenance, and submit repair tickets as needed.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
San Francisco is Northern California’s cultural, commercial and financial center, and home to approximately 850,000 residents. Its culture is one of diversity and inclusion. Attractions include the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, Fisherman’s Wharf, Chinatown, colorful Victorian houses and classic cable cars. There are beautiful views and parks, including the Japanese Tea Garden and San Francisco Botanical Garden. In addition to being in the capital of technology, you’ll find fantastic shopping, diverse nightlife and exquisite cuisine. Choose from many charming neighborhoods with great nearby schools and colleges.