Coding Specialist (REMOTE)
Must reside in NY, CA, CT, GA, OR, ID, NC, SC or WA
Atlanta, GA| Accounts Receivable
The Certified Coding Specialist must adhere to all CPT guidelines and ICD-9/10 Coding Guidelines.
- Must reside in NY, CA, CT, GA, OR, ID, NC, SC or WA
- Audits records to ensure proper submission of services prior to billing on pre-determined selected charges
- Supplies correct ICD-9-CM /ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes on all diagnoses provided
- Supplies correct HCPCS code on all procedures and services performed
- Supplies correct CPT code on all procedures and services performed
- Contacts providers to train and update them with correct coding information
- Attends seminars and in-services as required to remain current on coding issues
- Audits medical records to ensure proper coding completed and to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies
- Accurately follows coding guidelines and legal requirements to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies
- Maintains all mandatory in-services
- Maintains compliance standards in accordance with the Compliance policies and the Code of Conduct. Reports compliance problems appropriately.
- Determines the final diagnoses and procedures stated by the physician or other health care providers are valid and complete.
- Quantitative analysis - Performs a comprehensive review for the record to assure the presence of all component parts such as: patient and record identification, signatures and dates where required, and all other necessary data in the presence of all reports which appear to be indicated by the nature of the treatment rendered.
- Qualitative analysis - Evaluates the record for documentation consistency and adequacy. Ensures that the final diagnosis accurately reflects the care and treatment rendered. Reviews the records for compliance with established reimbursement and special screening criteria.
- Analyzes provider documentation to assure the appropriate Evaluation & Management (E&M) levels are assigned using the correct CPT code
- Performs other related duties, which may be inclusive, but not listed in the job description
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care, coder, coding
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding urgent care career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: the flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust or burn them out, providers can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives. And our practice model helps free them from excessive paperwork and overly burdensome regulatory programs that take away from the time they could spend providing the highest-quality care for their patients.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.