Certified Medical Coding Specialist (REMOTE) PRN
Must live in NY, CA, CT, GA, OR, ID, SC, WA or NC
Atlanta, GA| Accounts Receivable
- Accurately capture all CPT, HCPCS and ICD10 codes to the highest specificity while adhering to payor and federal guidelines
- Accurately follows CMS coding guidelines and GoHealth Protocols to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies
- Alerts Coding Lead to any documentation trends for additional coder/provider training
- Provide feedback to Manager on provider documentation trends for provider education
- Provide Feedback to providers on documentation needs/requirements
- Maintains compliance standards in accordance with the Compliance policies and the Code of Conduct. Reports compliance problems appropriately.
- Attends seminars and in-services as required to remain current on coding issues
- Maintain current coding certificate
- Maintains a 95% audit score
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years outpatient EM/office procedure coding
- Knowledge of revenue cycle
- Medical Coding Certificate - RHIT or CPC certification
- ICD10 Proficiency
- Federal laws and regulations affecting coding requirements
- Working knowledge of payor guidelines, ie-modifier usage, timely filing
- Knowledge of billing practices
- Knowledge of EMR required, eClinical Works and/or Epic preferred
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, healthcare, medical, clinical, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care, HCPCS, iCD, CPT, CPC
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.