Certified Medical Coding Specialist
Must live in CA, DE, GA, MO, NC, NY, OK, OR, SC or WA
Remote, | Billing
This is a FULL-TIME REMOTE position; we can only accept candidates from these states: NC, DE, SC, GA, NY, MO, OK, CA, OR or WA
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities. With plans to grow across the U.S., GoHealth Urgent Care currently operates urgent care centers in the New York, Portland, OR, San Francisco, CA, Hartford, CT metropolitan areas, and in Delaware, Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and North Carolina.
- Review provider documentation, including chart notes, xray and lab results, for code assignments
- Accurately capture all CPT, HCPCS and ICD10 codes to the highest specificity while adhering to payor and federal guidelines
- Ability to work payer denials, working with coders and AR staff in payer trends
- Accurately follows CMS coding guidelines and GoHealth Protocols to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies
- Alerts Coding Lead to any documentation trends for additional coder/provider training
- Provide feedback to Manager on provider documentation trends for provider education
- Provide Feedback to providers on documentation needs/requirements
- Maintains compliance standards in accordance with the Compliance policies and the Code of Conduct. Reports compliance problems appropriately.
- Attends seminars and in-services as required to remain current on coding issues
- Maintain current coding certificate
- Maintains a 95% audit score
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years pro-fee EM/office procedure coding
- Knowledge of revenue cycle including the working of payer denials
- Medical Coding Certificate - CPC, CCS or CCA
- ICD10 Proficiency
- Federal laws and regulations affecting coding requirements
- Working knowledge of payor guidelines, ie-modifier usage, timely filing
- Knowledge of billing practices
- Knowledge of EMR required, eClinical Works and/or Epic preferred
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.