Certified Medical Coding Lead
Remote in GA, WA, CA, MO, OKC, NC, NY or CT
Remote, | Medical Coding
Position Summary:This is a remote poition. Must live in GA, WA, CA, MO, OKC, NC, NY or CT.
Under limited supervision, the Coding Leads work with the Manager in the daily operations of the Coding Department. Is knowledgably in the GH Protocols and Market work flows. Works with Coders in answering questions and follow up emails to providers. Maintains department spreadsheets. Review, analyze and assign final EM levels, any office procedures and all diagnoses reflected in the provider chart notes according to CMS guidelines and GoHealth UC protocols. Works with our partners and markets to resolve problems, research new programs, updates protocols. Helps train new coders.
Skills assessment required
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associates Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years out patient EM/office procedure coding
- Minimum 1 year working with coders in auditing/education
- Knowledge of revenue cycle
- Medical Coding Certificate - RHIT or CPC certification
- CD10 Proficiency
- Federal laws and regulations affecting coding requirements
- Working knowledge of payor guidelines, ie-modifier usage, timely filing
- Strong Knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of billing practices
- Knowledge of Epic and eCW EMR required
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Denial Management
- Experience working with computer assisted coding
Duties May Include:
- Point person for the Market Specialists, outsourced coding and CAC emails and questions
- Review and analyze CAC and Market processes for continued department improvement.
- Point person for research in new market programs and processes that include coding changes.
- Review’s pending WQ’s for timely follow up by coders.
- Review Code Correct Errors for trends. Report patterns and potential coding changes.
- Trains new coders in each Market and CAC system.
- Maintains contact list in each market.
- Works to ensure a smooth process in each Market
- Meets weekly with the Market Specialist, updates ticket spreadsheet.
- Accurately follows CMS coding guidelines and GoHealth Protocols to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory bodies
- Alerts Coding Manager to any market trends for additional coder/provider training
- Provide feedback to Coding Manager on any Market issues
- Reviews Coder Time/Productivity Quarterly as sent by Manager
- Is the Coder point person for coding/GH Process Questions.
- Approves all Time Off and ensures the coders add their time off to the Coders Time Off Calendar.
- Maintains compliance standards in accordance with the Compliance policies and the Code of Conduct. Reports compliance problems appropriately.
- Maintains Coder productivity spreadsheets.
- Codes as needed in downtime
- Attends seminars and in-services as required to remain current on coding issues
- Maintain current coding certificate
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.