Call Center Rep NY
Remote within the New York Metro area
Remote, | Corporate Operations
This is a remote position. Must be based in the New York Metro area.
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities.
The Call Center Representative answers incoming calls from patients/customers, schedules appointments for all locations, answers inquiries and questions, handles complaints, troubleshoots problems and provides information for patients/customers.
Essential job functions:
- Answer calls and transfer calls to correct departments and centers
- Handle customer inquiries both telephonically and by email
- Research required information using available resources
- Manage and resolve customer complaints
- Provide service information
- Enter new patient information into system
- Update existing patient information
- Identify and escalate priority issues
- Route calls to appropriate resource
- Follow up customer calls where necessary
- Document all call information according to standard procedures
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience in a call center or customer service environment
- Medical Assistant experience preferred
Additional skills / knowledge required:
- Proficient in relevant computer applications/electronic medical records
- Ability to type quickly, basic computer knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Detail oriented, able to rely on experience and judgment to perform a variety of tasks
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to interact and treat all persons with fairness, respect and sensitivity to cultural/social differences
- Experience with electronic medical records
- Required language proficiency
- Knowledge of administration and clerical processes
- Knowledge of call center telephony and technology
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.