Behavioral Health Therapist
West Hartford, CT | Physicians & Advanced Practitioners
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree in Social Work or Psychology required
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker preferred
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Establish trusted professional relationships with patients for acute and longitudinal behavioral health needs
- Use strong communication, attentive listening, and customer service skills
- Document patient medical and behavioral health histories, medications, and allergies
- Assess/evaluate and provide evidence based psychotherapy modalities as indicated by presentation
- Educate and counsel patients
- Timely documentation of visits in the electronic health record
- Collaboration of care with primary care providers or other behavioral health professionals as needed
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Houston, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Hartford, the capital of Connecticut, has a population of 125,000 and something to offer everyone, with a mix of history, culture, entertainment and excellent restaurants. Hartford’s nearby suburbs are also a great place to live and work. Avon is home to beautiful Found Land Park and a historic one-room schoolhouse. Bloomfield features magnificent Penwood State Park. Roaring Brook Nature Center and Sweetheart Mountain’s tranquil trails are just outside Canton. These communities and others offer welcoming neighborhoods, good schools and an outstanding quality of life.