Associate Medical Director (MD/DO)
Winston-Salem, NC | Physician Leadership
GoHealth Urgent Care, one of the nation's fastest-growing urgent care networks in the nation, is seeking an Associate Medical Director (MD/DO) for our network of centers in the Greater Winston-Salem, NC area.
The Associate Medical Director assists in the managing and directing of all clinical services for their assigned urgent care centers and geographic region, is primarily responsible for the quality of care and all issues related to the clinical caregivers within their assigned geographic area. The AMD collaborates across and within regions to share resources, implement improvement initiatives, and optimize clinical, financial, operational and customer service performance.
- Collaborate with the Medical Director and Novant Health-GoHealth leadership to address site-specific issues with both targeted and generalized measures to improve performance.
- Mentors new and existing employees in important aspects of care include EMR functionality, equipment use, clinical care and organizational imperatives.
- Provide direct patient care as a scheduled provider for the requisite number of hours per pay period as stipulated by leadership.
- Respond to volume surges and other unforeseen circumstances to preserve the patient experience and prevent patient reneging.
- Perform chart audits for clinical KPI monitoring at the center, organizational, and individual level as directed by the Medical Director
- Assists in recruitment, provider qualification and training, maintenance of competencies, proficiency testing, and regulatory compliance.
- Completes the regional staffing schedule using available automated tools, and dynamically works to keep staffing at correct levels.
- Analyzes needs for higher or lower staffing tied to volume targets, and monitors NPS scores and complaints to identify positive and negative trends needing intervention.
- M.D. Degree or equivalent from an accredited College of Medicine.
- Completion of Medical Residency with Board Certification or eligibility.
- Currently licensed as a physician in the State of North Carolina
- Administrative experience in emergency medicine, urgent care, or a related field, preferably in a major medical center or health system, strongly preferred.
- Outstanding communication and management skills, and an ability to work collaboratively with GoHealth staff, management, health system partners, required.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Winston-Salem and Charlotte are both among U.S. News & World Report’s Top 50 Best Places to Live.
Winston-Salem is a region on the rise with a population of 654,589 and strong southern roots. It’s friendly and diverse—retaining a small-town feel—and features fabulous restaurants, inviting neighborhoods and trendy apartments. For the adventurous, there are many local hiking trails, state parks, Pilot Mountain, Hanging Rock and Piedmont Quarry. Premier attractions include the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art and the Reynolda House Museum of American Art.
Charlotte boasts the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, The Mint Museum and the Levine Museum of the New South. And with a population approaching 2.4 million, Charlotte offers much to see and do—from local craft breweries, numerous parks and greenway trails to excellent shopping and dining, downtown theaters and nightlife to the PNC Music Pavilion. Catch an NFL Carolina Panthers football game, cheer on the NBA’s Charlotte Hornets, or take in a Charlotte Knights baseball game. It’s all here, served by excellent public transportation, Amtrak and Charlotte Douglas International Airport.