Applications Project Manager
Atlanta, GA| Information Technology
The IT Project Manager serves as a vital resource to all business units across the organization by partnering at multiple levels and providing appropriate support on key information technology projects. This position will be assigned enterprise application projects where project management, vendor management, multi-department coordination, training/education, application support will be required. This position will be responsible for the planning, coordination, and organization of these projects. In addition, this role will do troubleshooting, root cause analysis, problem resolution, and will serve as an escalation point for projects.
Lead complex projects with enterprise level impact across GoHealth. Work across the enterprise to find best practices, assess cross-functional impact and drive change management. Work closely with existing and new joint venture partners to execute key initiatives and strategies. Utilize the Enterprise Project Management department team along with subject matter experts to create a comprehensive and cohesive educational plan for existing and new markets.
Improve business processes and support critical business strategies by guiding the development, implementation and maintenance of business systems that are designed to enable an effortless experience for staff and patients alike. Establish and implement project management methodology policies and procedures and create statements of work for desired functionality, testing and execution of the information technology initiatives. Create and lead the team that acts as the key liaison between the business departments, healthcare customers and the information technology departments of internal and external customers, as well as external vendors.
Education: Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience required
- 2 years of experience with Project Management in healthcare environment preferred
- 5 years of experience in HealthCare preferred
Required Licenses/Certifications: PMP is a plus
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Demonstrated ability to deliver complex projects on time and within budget
- Affinity for change and operating in and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Preferred
- Knowledge of eClinicalWorks, Epic, and/or radiology systems is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with HealthCare Information systems with demonstrated functional expertise in implementations and workflow review
- Plan and organize tasks, reports progress, manages & coordinates implementations
- Develop, implement, and maintain project plan and budget for assigned programs
- Provide success measurements and milestones for application development and implementation of projects
- Lead focus group sessions with stakeholders for requirements and testing
- Create test plans, test cases, test scripts and performs functional testing
- Create and maintain system documentation
- Work with existing systems to track and manage requests and issues
- Effectively communicate project status information, design discussions and issues with project team (business owners)
- Lead training efforts across markets and functions to ensure the consistency of information being distributed to all people
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage and establish the relationship with the field, vendors, and stakeholders
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
All other duties as assigned.
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.
GoHealth Urgent Care invites military veterans to apply for our positions.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, healthcare, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, Software Design, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Software Maintenance, Software Development Process, Software Requirements, Teamwork, General Consulting Skills, Software Architecture, BCompSc or BCS or BS CS
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.