Advanced Clinical Associate (Medical Scribe)
Springfield, MO | Medical Scribe
At GoHealth Urgent Care, we place the needs of our patients first - by providing an effortless patient experience, a welcoming culture of care and seamless integration with market-leading health systems and our communities. With plans to grow across the U.S., GoHealth Urgent Care currently operates urgent care centers in the New York, Portland, OR, San Francisco, CA, Hartford, CT metropolitan areas, and in Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and North Carolina.
Seeking motivated and friendly Medical Scribe in our rapidly growing centers in Springfield, MO.
Our employees are our front line; for patient care, beginning the moment a patient walks through our door. GoHealth Scribes will be working hand-in-hand with our MD, NP, and PA providers.
- Transcribe medical charting for Providers.
- Assist in fundamental clinical care including Point of Care (POC) testing, intake of vitals and other procedures.
- Assist in coordinating patient triage and overall workflow.
- Maintain medical records, lab results, imaging reports in accurate manner in EHR.
- Manage faxing and referral process.
Skills Required: Previous use of EMR, Medical Terminology, Type 60+ words per minute
EMT Or Med School Students Preferred But Not Required
- High School Diploma required
- Medical Scribe experience preferred
- Medical Assistant experience preferred
- Experience in an Urgent Care environment preferred
- Medical Assistant Certification (CCMA, CMA, NCMA or RMA.)
- Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) Certification
- Certified Medical Scribe Specialist (CMSS) Certification
- Healthcare Professional Licensure including but not limited to EMT, ARRT, RN, LPN, etc.
- Keyboard proficiency
- Experience using Electronic Health Records
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Proficiency in the use of MS Office programs
- Collaboration: Takes ownership for collectively establishing productive partnerships and relationships and seek to gain joint understanding of priorities and objectives so that the greater good of the organization and those we serve is always at the forefront.
- Innovation: Consistently uses good judgment, applying creativity to overcome obstacles and increasing effectiveness and efficiency though process and other forms of innovation.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Fosters diversity and inclusion, to be able to better understand team members, our customers and partners. Engages the strengths and talents of each GoHealth team member, creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection where the richness of ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed.
- Integrity: Models and practices the highest ethical and professional standards; demonstrates pride and personal interest in our patients, partners and fellow team members, deeply engaging in the business. Makes decisions, with a focus on doing the right thing; treats team members, our customers, partners and vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness and respect.
- Accountability: Always shows initiative, demonstrates a bias to action and gets things done. Actively accepts responsibility for diverse roles, obligations and actions that positively influence patient and customer outcomes, our partnerships and the healthcare needs of our communities.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We invite military veterans to apply for our positions. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
St. Louis boasts the kind of cultural treasures you’d expect to see only in the very biggest American cities, with terrific recreational opportunities, from major league sports teams to spectacular parks and golf courses to beautiful hiking and canoeing nearby. St. Louis is a big city with the convenience and sense of connectedness of a smaller one.
Springfield, the Birthplace of Route 66, is home to several universities, including Missouri State University, Drury University, and Evangel University. Springfield is ranked among the best communities for young people with excellent public schools and an outstanding quality of life. With dozens of lakes and streams and four national parks and forest, it offers an exciting environment for people of all ages.