Accounts Receivable Specialist
Springfield, MO (Coming soon ) | Accounts Receivable
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines for different states including Medicare, state Medicaid and workers comp.
- Reading and interpreting insurance explanation of benefits.
- Check insurance payments for accuracy and compliance with contract discount
- Call insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
- Enter information necessary for insurance claims such as patient, insurance ID, diagnosis and treatment codes and modifiers, and provider information. Ensure claim information is complete and accurate.
- Submit clean insurance claims to clearinghouse or individual insurance companies electronically or via paper CMS-1500 form.
- Follow up with the insurance company on unpaid or rejected claims. Resolve issue and re-submit claims.
- Prepare appeal letters to insurance carrier when not in agreement with claim denial. Collect necessary information to accompany appeal.
- Post insurance and patient payments using medical claim billing software.
- For patients with coverage by more than one insurer, prepare and submit secondary claims upon processing by primary insurer. Respond to inquiries from insurance companies, patients and providers.
- Follows HIPAA guidelines in handling patient information.
- Verify patient benefits eligibility and coverage.
- Ability to look up ICD diagnosis and CPT treatment codes from online service or using traditional coding references.
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational skills, and be comfortable communicating via phone.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, work collaboratively among internal and external departments, as applicable to identify and help resolve enterprise-wide challenges
- Demonstrated ability to accurately type 30 wpm
- Demonstrated service and success in teamwork and consistent high productivity and quality
- Assist the Customer Service team in taking patient phone calls.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, healthcare, medical, clinical, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, accounting
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
St. Louis boasts the kind of cultural treasures you’d expect to see only in the very biggest American cities, with terrific recreational opportunities, from major league sports teams to spectacular parks and golf courses to beautiful hiking and canoeing nearby. St. Louis is a big city with the convenience and sense of connectedness of a smaller one.
Springfield, the Birthplace of Route 66, is home to several universities, including Missouri State University, Drury University, and Evangel University. Springfield is ranked among the best communities for young people with excellent public schools and an outstanding quality of life. With dozens of lakes and streams and four national parks and forest, it offers an exciting environment for people of all ages.