Accounts Receivable - Medical Collections Team Lead
Atlanta, GA | Billing
Position Summary:GoHealth Urgent Care partners with healthcare systems across the country to provide unparalleled experiences for our customers, employees, partners and community. We live our values of innovation, collaboration, diversity/inclusion, courage/integrity and accountability. We believe in promoting from within and the value of each team member. Check us out as we are growing and in need of professionals whose mission and values coincide with GoHealth!
This position will oversee the AR associates assigned to this insurance carrier group. The Team Lead will also work carriers as assigned. This includes the timely review of insurance denials and recommendations for bad-debt and adjustments to the manager.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- 3 years of Healthcare experience required
- 1 year of progressive management experience preferred
- CPAR – Certified Patient Account Representative preferred
- Strong knowledge of the Accounts Receivable process
- Excellent phone, communication, organizational skills, computer skills and mathematical skills
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Strong knowledge of process and understanding of practice management system
- Epic or eClinicalWorks experience
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Maintain Daily communication with direct reports.
- Maintain a high level customer service approach to working with Accounts Receivable Specialists, payorsb and centers
- Establish and maintain a high level customer service approach to working with all patients and business partners
- Daily coordination of the assigned AR associates working of outstanding insurance
- Monitoring assigned carrier groups to achieve AR metrics
- Timely re-filing and working of denials in conjunction with coding department
- Identify any denial trends and educational opportunities
- Manage On Boarding process for new employees.
- Complete employee work function set ups including IT, phone, supplies, compliance training, and time clock
- Quarterly performance log review of AR specialists and Annual Performance Appraisal of AR Specialists
Customer service skills:
- Ability to represent the Department in a professional manner when interacting with patients, guests,
- physicians and their staff
- Ability to handle service issues professionally
- Ability to follow through with customers
- Ability to communicate effectively to patients about their medical conditions and the financial aspects of their care.
- Ability to communicate effectively to patients, centers, and staff regarding departmental policy
- Ability to type proficiently
- Ability to function effectively as extension of the Center
- Be flexible and open-minded in thought processes
- Maintain focus under pressure
- Share relevant information with other team members
- Ability to understand basic medical terminology
- Ability to calculate deductible and co-insurance correctly
- Ability to read and understand carrier Explanation of Benefits
Note: this job description is not inclusive of all the duties of the position. You may be asked by leaders to perform other duties. Management reserves the right to revise this position description at any time.
All qualified persons are granted an equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, medical condition, family care leave status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status. The company will comply with all fair employment laws in each of the jurisdictions where we conduct business.
Job, emergency, healthcare, licensure, medical, clinical, wellness, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, clinic, primary care, urgent care
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Delaware, Missouri, New York City, North Carolina, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.