Accounts Payable Specialist
Atlanta, GA| Finance
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for a range of general accounting tasks associated with capturing operating costs and disbursement of vendor payments. Primary responsibilities include accurately allocating costs to appropriate business segment, location, expense account and accounting period. This will involve entering payable vouchers into ERP as well as the review of employee expense reimbursement reports.
- Associates Degree in Accounting required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- 2+ years of experience in Accounts Payable required
- 5+ years of experience in Accounts Payable preferred
- Experience with a large Enterprise Resource Planning System, such as Great Plains preferred
- Experience working with intercompany transactions in a multiple entity organization
- Purchase Card and Invoice workflow system experience preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective oral and written communication to all levels of personnel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Collaboration: Takes ownership for collectively establishing productive partnerships and relationships and seek to gain a joint understanding of priorities and objectives so that the greater good of the organization and those we serve is always at the forefront.
- Innovation: Consistently uses good judgment, applying creativity to overcome obstacles and increasing effectiveness and efficiency through process and other forms of innovation.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Fosters diversity and inclusion, to be able to better understand team members, our customers and partners. Engages the strengths and talents of each GoHealth team member, creating an environment of involvement, respect and connection where the richness of ideas, backgrounds and perspectives are harnessed.
- Integrity: Models and practices the highest ethical and professional standards; demonstrates pride and personal interest in our patients, partners and fellow team members, deeply engaging in the business. Makes decisions, with a focus on doing the right thing; treats team members, our customers, partners and vendors with dignity, consideration, open-mindedness and respect.
- Accountability: Always shows initiative, demonstrates a bias to action and gets things done. Actively accepts responsibility for diverse roles, obligations and actions that positively influence patient and customer outcomes, our partnerships and the healthcare needs of our communities.
- Review and verify invoices and check requests for appropriate documentation and approval for payment
- Sort, distribute and code all incoming invoices
- Enter and upload invoices into the system for payment
- Process employee expense reports in accordance with the Travel & Expense Policy
- Reconcile vendor statements to ensure payments are up to date and maintain vendor files
- Receive, research and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancy to internal or external vendors
- Assist with month end close
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accounting practices
- Assist with projects as needed
All other duties as assigned.
GoHealth Urgent Care invites military veterans to apply for our positions.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, healthcare, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, A/P, accounting, financial, invoicing, insurance, finance, bookkeeping
GoHealth Urgent Care has outstanding career opportunities in Connecticut, Missouri, New York City, Northwest Arkansas, Oklahoma City, San Francisco and the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust them or burn them out, our team can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.