Assistant General Counsel
Atlanta, GA| Executive
The Assistant General Counsel must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with various departments and levels within the company (including senior management) and manage legal work for cross-functional teams, including finance, IT and HR.
- J.D. Degree required
- Junior attorney with 2-4 years of transactional experience and a high level of interest in the healthcare field will be considered
- Large firm experience and strong credentials are ideal
- In-house experience is a plus, but not required
- Experience in healthcare law is not required but is helpful
- Must be a member in good standing of the Georgia Bar
- Need to be practical, efficient and business-minded with an ability to present a business partner with real-world, pragmatic advice
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information is required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth multi-market environment is necessary
- Assumes support and responsibility for ensuring that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations with General Counsel
- Identifies risks and propose alternative structures to mitigate risks involved in potential transaction and contract reviews
- Review, draft and negotiate contracts and transactional documents dealing with vendor arrangements, real estate leases, acquisitions, joint ventures and financings
- Complete due diligence
- Research and advise on applicable state and federal regulations
- Provide counsel to business units within the organization, working with General Counsel as necessary
- Recommend resolutions of litigation and employee relation matters
- Participates in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provides continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters
- Advise on and assess current and future business structures and legal entities
- All other duties as assigned.
GoHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GoHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job, healthcare, career, employment, opening, staff, benefits, health care, legal, JD, corporate law, attorney
GoHealth has outstanding urgent care career opportunities, from New York City to San Francisco to the Portland-Vancouver area. And all of these positions have one thing in common: the flexibility to practice urgent care medicine the way it was meant to be, without the stress and bureaucracy of hierarchical organizations. With reasonable work hours that don’t emotionally exhaust or burn them out, providers can balance and prioritize their professional and personal lives. And our practice model helps free them from excessive paperwork and overly burdensome regulatory programs that take away from the time they could spend providing the highest-quality care for their patients.
The lifestyle you can lead.
Atlanta is Georgia’s state capital and home to approximately half a million residents. Well known for its arts, theater, galleries and museums, cultural attractions, and institutions of higher education, Atlanta offers many things to do. Visit Georgia Aquarium, the largest public aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. Shop and enjoy great entertainment in Underground Atlanta. See wildlife shows at Zoo Atlanta. Catch a pro football, basketball or baseball game. Foodies will delight in local favorites, such as crab fritters, chicken biscuits, pulled pork sandwiches and salted caramel ice cream. Choose from many welcoming neighborhoods to live in, from downtown and midtown to Chastain Park, and from Buckhead to Cabbagetown, Kirkwood and Morningside. There’s also a good selection of public and private schools and nearby colleges and universities. Public transportation is excellent, and Atlanta is also served by Amtrak and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.